Is it Summer yet? Spring is here, and yet there is still snow when I look out my window! It may be cold still here in Maine, but things are about to warm up soon – and that means the height of wedding season! With that in mind, I want to bring you some of the biggest trends surfacing or Summer 2018 weddings, because let’s be honest, it’s never to early to start thinking about those warmer days…
- Eboatment! I have just solidified a deal with the fantastic Calendar Island Sailing Co. for weddings on their gorgeous vessel. Can you imagine your wedding atop a beautiful schooner, cruising through the deep blue waters of gorgeous Casco Bay? I promise, it’s even more stunning than you can imagine. For more information, please check out their website here.
- Eucalyptus – Eucalyptus has been on the up and coming when it comes to bouquets. The soft green compliments some of the bright summer hues spectacularly, and the added bonus is the fresh fragrance! It’s said to promote calm and relaxation – which can also help with all of the stress that accompanies the day of!
- Greenery drapery – This has been a beautiful new trend. Instead of fabric drapery enveloping your scene many couples have opted for fresh greenery, with plants that bellow down from the ceiling and inviting all the feels. It’s especially popular with outdoor weddings, but can be incorporated into any setting you’re interested in.
- Lawn games – I have been seeing this one pop up more and more this past year, and I know it’s going to explode this summer. Lawn games such as corn hole, bocce, or croquet have been added to receptions, giving guests a more chill vibe and fun, handson activities to help accompany the celebration. Love giant janga!!
- Bold wedding gowns – I am loving the move toward more innovative and bold wedding gown choices. I’ve been seeing modern designs, textured lace, slouchy boho looks, and colored gowns! I know this one is going to be huge in the next year – so why not be on the cutting edge of such an exciting trend?!
These are just a few trends that I am loving as we move into the Summer 2018 wedding season. For more trends, please contact me at Destination Maine Weddings, I’d love to help you blend what’s new and what’s you!
Cheers and love from ME